Parent/Guardian Portal Guide
ThePowerSchool parent/guardian portal allows parents and guardians ofstudents in grades K through 12, with an internet enabled device, toaccess his or her student’s term grades, assignment scores, andattendance via a convenient website.
Starting for the 2013-2014school year, Waynesboro Public School will be enabling “Single Sign-On”(SSO) for parents and guardians. SSO will enable parents and guardiansto create an account within the portal, and link all of his or herstudents to this account. This will eliminate the need to log out of theportal and log back in to view information on another student. SSO alsoenables the use of the PowerSchool parent app found in the Apple Appstore.
In order to access your student’s information, you will berequired to create an account in the portal, this will require an emailaddress. Additionally, you will need your student’s parent/guardianaccess ID and password. These will be distributed at the beginning ofthe school year. Please note that students are given his or her ownaccess ID to log into the student portal. Students do not need to createan account. Please do not share the parent/guardian access IDs withstudents. If you did not receive or have lost the access ID or passwordfor a student, they will be emailed to the addresses you have providedto the school.
Creating Your Parent/Guardian Account
You only need to do this once.
- Browse to https://www.wpspowerschool.com
- Click the “Create Account” button
- Enter your first name, last name, a valid email address, your desired username, and a password. Your email address will be used in the event that you forget your password or username. Your password must be at least 6 characters long.
- Link students to your account by entering: Their name, access ID, access password, and your relationship to the student. Your student’s access ID and password can be obtained from his or her school. They went home in Monday folders on purple paper on 9/15/14.
- You can link multiple students by entering the same information on another row.
- When finished, click the “Enter” button. If there are no issues with the information entered, your account will be created and you will be taken back to the login page.
Logging into the Parent/Guardian Portal
Tolog into the parent/guardian portal, enter the username and passwordyou created in the previous step and click the “Sign In” button.
Afterlogging in, if you have linked multiple students, you will see each oftheir names at the top of the page in the blue bar. The highlighted nameis the student you are currently viewing. Click each name to switchstudents.
Ifyou are unable to log into your parent/guardian account, you can clickthe “having Trouble Signing in?” link below the password box. From thispage, you can retrieve your username or reset your password. You musthave entered a valid email address when you created your account forthis function to work.
If you are still unable to log into your parent account, please contact your school directly.